About This Blog

I started this blog because the tabs on the Lucero message board kept getting lost when they switched sites. A blog isn't a perfect forum for guitar tabs and chords, but it now has posts for all but a handful of their songs. And, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only source for Lucero tabs that has been endorsed by an actual Lucero guitarist. Accept no substitutes.

Holy shit! That's how that goes... www.lucerotabs.blogspot.com
-Brian Venable

Thank you to the folks who have sent me submissions, suggestions, and corrections. Thanks also to anyone who posted a tab on the luceromusic.com boards. You can find me there posting as Boston Twang. You can also email me at lucerotabs@gmail. Submissions and/or corrections are greatly appreciated.

General Thoughts on Lucero Chords

Ben seems to favor chord variations that fret the B string at the third fret. If a C, Em, G, or A doesn't seem quite right, try:
Cadd9 (x32030), Em7 (022030), G (320033), Asus (x02230)

Also, I think he leaves the E string open on a lot of his D chords (xx0230).

Friday, January 8, 2010

Recently Updated Tabs

First of all, I'd like to welcome all of the new visitors we've been getting since the new record came out. We had over 20,000 page loads in October, and I'm glad all of you have chosen to spend a some time in my little corner of the Internet.

All of this means I need to raise my game. We've already got all of the 1372 Overton Park songs tabbed, and there are hardly any songs left with no tab. Since there aren't going to be many new tabs, I've decided to use the front page to display all the tabs that have been updated/improved recently. That way, when you visit, you can easily check whether there's anything worth looking at for a second time.

The improvements will include going back to check for flat out mistakes, adding solos and lyrics to tabs that are missing them, and adding markers in between bars to help give you a sense of beat and timing. Feel free to use the comments to suggest tabs you'd like to see cleaned up and/or solos you'd like to see added. (Do any of you even bother with the solos? I love learning them, but they're a lot of work to tab.)

So here goes:

1/8/10 - Hey Darlin' Do You Gamble? - Fixed the picking pattern
1/4/10 - Sound of the City - Added lyrics and a small correction

11/26/09 - Hold Me Close - Added lyrics and general clean up
11/25/09 - Can't Feel a Thing - Massive overhaul
11/21/09 - I'll Just Fall -
Added lyrics and a whole lot of tidying up
11/20/09 - My Best Girl - Added lead and some missing lyrics
11/14/09 - Coming Home - Total overhaul including leads and solos
11/13/09 - Anjalee - Added solo and complete lyrics, corrected a mistake
11/7/09 - Nights Like These - Added leads, solo, and complete lyrics
11/6/09 - The Last Song - Added leads and solos
10/24/09 - All Sewn Up - Added lyrics and general tidying up
10/23/09 - Smoke - Added verses/intro tab
10/23/09 - Bikeriders - Added Brian's lead and general tidying up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your hard work!

Noah said...

You're welcome, but none of this is work to me. ;-)