About This Blog

I started this blog because the tabs on the Lucero message board kept getting lost when they switched sites. A blog isn't a perfect forum for guitar tabs and chords, but it now has posts for all but a handful of their songs. And, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only source for Lucero tabs that has been endorsed by an actual Lucero guitarist. Accept no substitutes.

Holy shit! That's how that goes... www.lucerotabs.blogspot.com
-Brian Venable

Thank you to the folks who have sent me submissions, suggestions, and corrections. Thanks also to anyone who posted a tab on the luceromusic.com boards. You can find me there posting as Boston Twang. You can also email me at lucerotabs@gmail. Submissions and/or corrections are greatly appreciated.

General Thoughts on Lucero Chords

Ben seems to favor chord variations that fret the B string at the third fret. If a C, Em, G, or A doesn't seem quite right, try:
Cadd9 (x32030), Em7 (022030), G (320033), Asus (x02230)

Also, I think he leaves the E string open on a lot of his D chords (xx0230).

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Gone Fishing

 Gone Fishing

I obviously haven't had time to update or improve this site in quite a while.  I keep telling myself that'll change, but it probably never will.  So thanks for visiting, but don't count on new posts or responses to comments.  It was a fun hobby while I had the time, and I still feel pretty good about most of the tabs.  But tabbing takes time, and I don't have enough of that.

It'd be cool if someone out there (hopefully someone who's better at this than I am) will pick up where I left off.  So feel free to copy anything you like from this site.  Or, if somebody wants to take this site over, shoot me a message at lucerotabs at gmail.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for all you have done I visit this site for all my lucero tab need it is much appreciated again thank you.
-Rob

Unknown said...

thanks ive been on the site loads and it has been very much part of me learning to play.

Unknown said...

Hi,

I'd just like to say that I've used this site often since I discovered Lucero about 4 years ago. There was also a Cory Branan one which I thought may have been related, but that seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, while I totally understand you not continuing this blog I'd be sure sad to see it go, as it is one of the only places to find good and correct Lucero tabs. So, yeah, thanks dude! I'm from the UK and I've been able to introduce a few people to Lucero by playing songs I learned from this site, you've def had impact!

Cheers again.