About This Blog

I started this blog because the tabs on the Lucero message board kept getting lost when they switched sites. A blog isn't a perfect forum for guitar tabs and chords, but it now has posts for all but a handful of their songs. And, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only source for Lucero tabs that has been endorsed by an actual Lucero guitarist. Accept no substitutes.

Holy shit! That's how that goes... www.lucerotabs.blogspot.com
-Brian Venable

Thank you to the folks who have sent me submissions, suggestions, and corrections. Thanks also to anyone who posted a tab on the luceromusic.com boards. You can find me there posting as Boston Twang. You can also email me at lucerotabs@gmail. Submissions and/or corrections are greatly appreciated.

General Thoughts on Lucero Chords

Ben seems to favor chord variations that fret the B string at the third fret. If a C, Em, G, or A doesn't seem quite right, try:
Cadd9 (x32030), Em7 (022030), G (320033), Asus (x02230)

Also, I think he leaves the E string open on a lot of his D chords (xx0230).

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tobin

This has a chord I'm calling B, but it's really more of a G/B. It goes (x20030).


D___________Cadd9_____________B________________G
I done some preachin’ back in Texas before the war
D___________Cadd9_____________B____________________G
Now I hunt heathens ‘cause it pays better than the Lord
D___________Cadd9_______B___________G
I ride with Demons, The Devil at my side
D_______________Cadd9_____________B_______________G
Be it us or the heathens, we must all pay a heavy price

Em7_______G_______________D_____________G
I’ve seen the hoof prints cloven in the stone
Em7_________G__________________D__________Cadd9_G
Now tell me What kind of devil trod there long ago
G______D_______Cadd9___G
With a sack of sinners souls

D__________Cadd9
There must be a place
Cadd9______B___________________________G
Where this world and grace are made to meet


Judge Holden is the Devil and his Hell this Mexico
If Apache don’t kill us, Judge Holden will for sure
Holden’s more preacher than I ever was before
He preaches of reason, he preaches of war

I’ve seen the hoof prints cloven in the stone
Now tell me what kind of devil trod there long ago
With a sack of sinners souls

There must be a place
Where this world and grace are made to meet


He says this life’s a game Let’s play for
larger stakes S Well wait and see

No comments: