About This Blog

I started this blog because the tabs on the Lucero message board kept getting lost when they switched sites. A blog isn't a perfect forum for guitar tabs and chords, but it now has posts for all but a handful of their songs. And, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only source for Lucero tabs that has been endorsed by an actual Lucero guitarist. Accept no substitutes.

Holy shit! That's how that goes... www.lucerotabs.blogspot.com
-Brian Venable

Thank you to the folks who have sent me submissions, suggestions, and corrections. Thanks also to anyone who posted a tab on the luceromusic.com boards. You can find me there posting as Boston Twang. You can also email me at lucerotabs@gmail. Submissions and/or corrections are greatly appreciated.

General Thoughts on Lucero Chords

Ben seems to favor chord variations that fret the B string at the third fret. If a C, Em, G, or A doesn't seem quite right, try:
Cadd9 (x32030), Em7 (022030), G (320033), Asus (x02230)

Also, I think he leaves the E string open on a lot of his D chords (xx0230).

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Here at the Starlite

Am____________________________G
It's close to 2 AM I've given up
__________F
Trying to find her
Am_____________________________G
I lost my heart under the neon lights
________________F
At the Starlite Diner

She used to sit across the table
Smoking her cigarettes
Well that was then
Now I've got this booth all to myself

G F F G F F G F F G F F

I see her eyes I see her smile
I hear her laugh
Memories too close to home for something
That's never coming back

G F F G F F G F F G F F

Em_______________________F
I lost my heart by those neon lights
Am__________________________F
At the Starlite Diner one November night
G____________________________________________F
I thought I could make it but now I see that I might die
Am__________________G_________________F
All alone, my heart gone, here at the Starlite

Jukebox don't know it's the graveyard shift
It shakes rattles and rolls
Since the night that I lost my heart
The sad songs are all I know

Waitress brings me a coke she calls me darlin
I think about my girl
Drinking coffee smoking her Camel wides
She was the sweetest thing in the world

No comments: